The ACE Overcomers program is designed to help teens and adults overcome the effects of adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) by:
1. Openly dealing with abuse, neglect, and household dysfunction.
2. Overcoming the anxiety, stress, and wounded spirit associated with an abusive background.
3. Improving mental, physical, and spiritual health through education and intervention.
4. Strengthening participants to overcome damaging patterns of maladaptive thoughts, behaviors, and habits.
5. Breaking the cycle of child abuse and domestic violence through community involvement.
6. Partnering with community resources to reduce child abuse in our community.
Through weekly meetings, peer counseling, education, and community involvement, ACE Overcomers is designed to reach and retrain adults who have suffered childhood adversity.
Though not primarily a recovery ministry, it is anticipated that a significant number of participants will gain victory over addictive behavior as they learn biblical insights into stress, bitterness, and dependency.